Tuesday 7 September 2010

I wouldn't be a Leeds Uni student...

...if I didn't show the Parkinson Building to any 'lucky' person who chooses to visit me for the weekend. It's a standard phrase for most Leeds students to say 'meet outside the Parky steps', usually meaning at peak hours it incredibly hard to single out your friend who you've arranged to meet.


However, whenever I've been away from Leeds for a while it's always a reassuring feeling when the clock tower comes into view. Right beside what could be considered as the main entrance to the university it's the main thing I remember about my first trip to Leeds. Those steps. I passed them about 5 times whilst lost on the ring road.

The Parkinson Building was named after Frank Parkinson, a Yorkshire electrical engineer and millionaire, who helped to partly fund the building, and opened in November 1951. It hold the Brotherton Library...something similar to that of Harry Potter's Hogwarts library.

A Leeds landmark, through and through.

No comments:

Post a Comment