Saturday 4 September 2010

Incep-what?!


When the film Inception first came out I had no inclination to go and watch it. Leonardo Dicaprio, the one thing that could have swayed me is now definitely slightly past it, and the thought of sitting through nearly 3 hours of film in which if you were to turn away for one second you would completely lose the plot line didn't really do it for me.

However nearly a month after it's release I found myself sitting in the cinema about to embark on probably the most confusing film I had ever watched.

But confusing as it was, I can safely say it was amazing. The amount of thought and detail that went into the film was ridiculous, and at the end of the film everyone was left with the thought of 'what just happened?'.

The idea behind the film is that Dicaprio plays Dom Cobb, who deals in the art of extraction from people's dreams, thus stealing secrets from your subconscious. His past acts have made him a fugitive and lost him everything he ever loved, but in the film he is given one last chance to redeem himself by achieving inception.

The main thing I liked about this film was that it left you guessing. So many films end with a happy ending, or an ending that will continue on to a sequel. This film, although not having a clear ending, is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment