Tuesday 28 September 2010

What the Flock?


I'm quite interested to see what this campaign is about.

Walking through Hyde Park into university the other day I was greeted by a large number of black sheep stuck into the grass, along with the words 'what the flock?' painted on the ground. Although I thought it was a bit weird, it's definitely not the weirdest thing I've seen in Hyde Park before so I didn't think much of it until I saw a friend had been tagged in 'What the Flocks?' album on Facebook.



So what the flock is with all the sheep in Leeds? No idea. The website www.whattheflock.org.uk says all will be revealed on 10/10/10, but all we have no aside from the large amount of fake wooly creatures around the town is a short video with a lot of students looking shocked and saying '17?'.

The suspense around this campaign is enthralling, it makes me want to check back and see what it's actually about. Maybe a not so good comparison was when Pantene Pro V shampoo did a campaign where they sent out non branded sachets of shampoo of their product and didn't tell any of the receivers what the product was. By doing this they had confidence that the effects of their product would outweigh the brand name.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this is all about on 10/10/10.

1 comment:

  1. I was just about to write on my blog about this campaign when I saw your entry... I too found this advertising so intriguing and just can't wait to see what it will be about. Yesterday in The Terrace everyone seemed to be talking about it and I love that there is so much intrigue yet still so much mystery!

    ReplyDelete