Tuesday 7 September 2010

National Museum - Prague


At Easter I had the opportunity to go to Prague for a long weekend, and managed to get to the National Museum just at the end of Wenceslas Square. The largest museum in the Czech Republic, the aim of the museum is to enhance the sense of national identity and awareness that CZ is part of the European framework.

Unfortunately when I visited it the weather was against me, however you could tell that the museum itself is an amazing piece of architecture, with many a typical gargoyle.

The most interesting thing I found about the museum was the wide collection of stuffed animals that it held. I had no idea that that many species existed, and although slightly miffed at first by the idea of being in a room with so many of them I actually found it incredibly interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment