Friday 1 October 2010

Guardian/Observer - Guess the Film.

Now I'm not the best at films. I haven't watched the Matrix, nor all of the James Bond's. I'm pretty sure I haven't even watched Edward Scissorhands.

So apologies that I was unable to guess even half of the 26 films referenced in this advert by Wieden + Kennedy for the Guardian/Observer, which promotes their film season.

The illustrations and designs behind the advert are really simple, with clear colour palettes and easy-to-the-eye graphics. The only qualm I have about it is that for an advert it takes a lot of concentration. I'm sure many people would happily go online to guess the 26 films, however even though I've seen it on television it wasn't until I happened to come across it online that I chose to look further into it. Aside from that it's an interesting piece of film, which combines some of the worlds best loved cinematography into a short snappy ad that would probably get film buffs jiggling about in their seats.

1 comment:

  1. Nice graphics and an intriguing piece to capture your imagination and make you relate to the featured films. I love the seamless sequences, flowing seamlessly from one film to the next...I certainly can't name all the films but I will definitely follow up the link to find out what made it to the final cut. I think there should be more focus on film history and film sequence designs because they often unite many different aspects of creativity.

    ReplyDelete