Thursday 21 October 2010

Not quite Christmas

When moving my stuff up to Leeds during the summer, I popped into Sainsburys only to be confronted with a selection of Christmas cakes. Christmas definitely is getting earlier and earlier each year....

And now the Christmas adverts have started, primarily with the new Argos advert which is for their new catalogue and features a beat boxing (to White Christmas) Bing Crosby. Very clever, however I still think it's too early to begin preparing for festivities. I do however like the way that they have taken something that many people will automatically recognise and be familiar with and have slightly changed it. I can imagine it getting a lot of criticism however for 'ruining a classic'.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good advert, although i agree that it seems a bit early to start Christmas shopping! I watched the 'making of' video on Youtube too- its really cool.

    ReplyDelete